Book your visit
We are ready to welcome you back!
Admission is free to all visitors for the remainder of 2020. We are open every Thursday-Sunday from 11am until 5pm, and Bank Holiday Monday 31st August from 11am – 5pm. Last entry is at 3:30pm.
We are able to open thanks to support received from the National Lottery’s Heritage Emergency Fund.
To open safely, we have kept some spaces closed, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you will need to book your timed ticket in advance. Bookings can be made in advance or on the day you plan to visit.
Please arrive within your 30-minute booked slot. We may not be able to admit you if you arrive after this time. You are then welcome to stay until our site closes at 5pm.
Walk-ins may be accommodated if there is availability. If you arrive and the time slot is full, you may be asked to wait or return at a later time.
You are welcome to:
- View our extensive outdoor collection of farming machinery from the Fens – download the Outdoor machinery guide before you visit and view on your mobile or tablet.
- Follow our one-way route through the ground floor of Denny Abbey
- Wander through Walnut Tree Cottage Garden, taking in views across the Fenland countryside
- Peep through the doors of Walnut Tree Cottage at the 1940s interior, and at the outdoor privy!
- Take a look into the 14th century Nuns’ Refectory, the mid-20th century Village Shop and Wheelwright’s displays
- Admire the exterior of 12th century Denny Abbey and our listed farm buildings
- Play on our outdoor play equipment
- Bring your own food and drink and enjoy a picnic – we have lots of outdoor space, fresh air and socially-distanced seating
- Pick up takeaway hot and cold drinks, ice cream and snacks, or a souvenir and guidebook from our admissions kiosk
- Use our toilets and baby-changing facilities
- Park for free in our car park, with spaces close to the entrance for blue badge holders
- Choose whether to make a donation to the museum. Entry is free, but donations are always appreciated! You can donate during your visit, or online here
To keep us all safe, sadly we can’t yet allow access to:
- All Fenland craft exhibits in the ‘Pigsheds’
- Our 17th century Stone Barn interior
- Walnut Tree Cottage interior
- The Delanoy Visitor Centre learning space
- Children’s play shed
- Docky Box Tea Room
- Second Hand Bookshop
Please help us by:
- Staying at home if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19
- Letting us know if you can’t make your booked visit
- Arriving at our admissions kiosk within your half hour time slot. If another group is being served, please wait outside until you are called in
- Following government guidance on social distancing and masks which require face coverings to be worn in most enclosed spaces. Please bring one with you
- Using contactless methods of payment or correct change where possible
- Following the signposted one-way systems across the site
- Washing your hands thoroughly after using the toilets, before and after using the play area and before eating or drinking
- Using the hand sanitiser stations around the site
- Using the bins provided to dispose of your rubbish, taking home all used facemasks
- Telling us what we can improve about your visit, and telling other people if you enjoyed it!
Don’t forget to book your visit here and we look forward to seeing you soon!