Visiting us is easy, whether you come by public transport, car or another method.
The Farmland Museum & Denny Abbey is located just 10 miles from Cambridge City Centre, making it the perfect day trip and place to visit!
Our address is:
The Farmland Museum & Denny Abbey,
Denny Abbey, Ely Road
Getting here by Car:
- The Museum is located just Northeast of Cambridge (around 30 minutes by car).
- Take the A10 towards Ely, following the brown museum signs or if using the A14, exit at Junction 33 (Milton Interchange), to take the A10.
- If using a SatNav, please enter our postcode CB25 9PQ.
- Car parking is free. The car park is directly opposite the museum entrance.
- When arriving at the museum, we have a very long driveway which is shared by farm traffic. Please be aware of tractors and other farm machinery that may be on this road.
Getting here by Bus:
- We recommend the bus services number 9 or x9, from Cambridge Drummer Street Station to Ely.
- For full running times and further information, please visit the Stagecoach website.
- The “Research Park Entrance” bus stop is located on the A10, a 15-minute walk from the Museum entrance but please be aware this walk takes you along the side of the A10. There are request stops directly opposite and next to the entrance road off the A10, so do ask the driver about stopping at these when you board the bus.
- When arriving at the museum on foot, please be aware of farm traffic using the main access road.
Getting here by Other Transport Methods:
- We welcome all visitors using different modes of transport, including motorbikes, cyclists, legs – you name it, we can accommodate it! If you are not sure, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to answer your questions and queries.
Our museum is a treasure trove of exhibits, artefacts, history and story telling! The map below gives you a idea of the layout of the museum. To download a map of the museum, in addition to an audio guide of Denny Abbey and a written guide to the outdoor farming machinery before your visit, simply visit this page.