Do you have experience of writing compelling grant applications?
Have you successfully raised funds to help secure or develop a charity?
We are on a mission to enable everyone to learn about and enjoy rural life in Cambridgeshire. Help us shape our future…join our board of Trustees.
The Farmland Museum is a small, independent, accredited, charitable museum, which manages the adjacent Denny Abbey on behalf of English Heritage. The Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey tells an 850-year story of farming, communities, and life in the Cambridgeshire Fens.
Whilst our forward plan is a work in progress, we have already identified several projects from building renovation and rebranding, to accessibility and signage that we are actively driving forward. We need a committed and energetic Fundraising Trustee who has the time and ability to help us raise the funds we need to realise our ambitions for this very special site.
1. Help with all aspects of trust fundraising including prospect research, cultivation, and application drafting.
2. Help us develop our Fundraising Strategy and grow income including Corporate, Legacies, Major Donor, and Individual giving.
3. Help us deliver against ambitious targets in our fundraising plan.
4. Work with the other museum Trustees to maintain our vision and values.
5. Be an active champion of the organisation.
6. Ensure compliance with our governing document.
7. Ensure compliance with the law.
8. Act in the Farmland Museum’s best interests.
Terms of Office
Term: Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one additional term of three years.Remuneration: The role of Trustee is not accompanied by any financial remuneration, although expenses for travel may be claimed
Location: Board meetings will normally be held on site at the museum in Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire CB25 9PQ.
Time commitment: 4 Board meetings per year. In order to better understand the Museum’s work and its supporters, Trustees are also encouraged, on occasion, to attend events, and to engage with key stakeholders.
To register your interest, please send a copy of your latest CV or biography together with a supporting statement, explaining your motivations for applying for the role, how your skills, knowledge and experience match the requirements sought and what you can additionally bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full Candidate Information Pack including details about The Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey, role description and recruitment process, please see link below.