We will reopen the museum as an outdoor attraction on Thursday 15th April. We hope to open the entire museum on 20th May. Please keep an eye on this page for the latest updates.
To open safely and in line with government guidance, we will have to keep some spaces closed initially, limit visitor numbers and ask that you book your timed tickets in advance.
Please find below which areas of the museum will be open, and those that we will have to keep closed until a later date. Thank you for your understanding of the situation.
You are welcome to:
- View our extensive outdoor collection of farming machinery from the Fens – download the Outdoor machinery guide before you visit and view on your mobile or tablet.
- Wander through Walnut Tree Cottage Garden, taking in views across the Fenland countryside
- Peep through the windows of Walnut Tree Cottage or our Village Shop at the 1940s interiors
- Take a look into the 14th century Nuns’ Refectory
- Look through the doors at our Fenland craft exhibits in the ‘Pigsheds’ and our Wheelwrights
- Admire the exterior of 12th century Denny Abbey and our listed farm buildings
- Play on our outdoor play equipment
- Pick up takeaway food, hot and cold drinks, sweet treats, ice cream and snacks from our cafe
- Bring your own food and drink and enjoy a picnic – we have lots of outdoor space, fresh air and socially-distanced seating
- Purchase a souvenir and guidebook from our admissions kiosk
- Browse our wonderful second-hand bookshop
- Use our toilets and baby-changing facilities
- Park for free in our car park, with spaces close to the entrance for blue badge holders
- Choose whether to make a donation to the museum. You can donate during your visit, or online here
To keep us all safe, sadly we can’t yet allow access to:
- Denny Abbey interior
- Our 17th century Stone Barn interior
- Walnut Tree Cottage interior
- The interior of the ‘Pigsheds’ or Wheelwrights
- The Delanoy Visitor Centre learning space
- Children’s play shed
Please help us by:
- Staying at home if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19
- Letting us know if you can’t make your booked visit
- Arriving at our admissions kiosk within your half hour time slot. If another group is being served, please wait outside until you are called in
- Using contactless methods of payment
- Completing your Gift Aid form in advance and bringing it with you, enabling us to claim an additional 25% of your admission fee. You can download a form here: Gift Aid donation form
- Following government guidance on social distancing and masks which require face coverings to be worn in most enclosed spaces. Please bring one with you
- Following the signposted one-way systems across the site
- Washing your hands thoroughly after using the toilets, before and after using the play area and before eating or drinking
- Using the hand sanitiser stations around the site
- Using the bins provided to dispose of your rubbish, taking home all used facemasks
- Telling us what we can improve about your visit, and telling other people if you enjoyed it!
We look forward to seeing you soon!